Five easy steps to consider when choosing auto insurance
Navigating the world of auto insurance isn't always easy. But at Travelers, we live it. And we're here to help you understand this world – so you can get the coverage you need at a price you can afford. Here are a few easy steps to help you make the right choice for auto insurance:
- Start with a self-assessment. Write down some key facts about yourself, your family and your driving habits. Review your financial picture. List your assets – including the worth of your car – determine what you want to protect and outline your budget. Review the section "What should I consider when purchasing insurance" in our Auto Insurance Basics. It will help you evaluate your needs.
- Learn about the auto insurance coverages required by state law and those that are optional. Even if you think you already know, take a few minutes to walk through these simple coverage basics and optional coverages, or refer to our helpful Auto Coverage Guide.
- Select the car deductible and limits that meet your needs.
- Find out what discounts and advantages are available for you. With Travelers, your safe driving habits, the number of cars you insure or other policies you have with us are among the ways you could save you money.
- Finally, choose an insurer who will be there when you need them. Travelers provides responsive claim service and around-the-clock claim reporting that have earned customer loyalty for decades.
If you're still not sure, get help from a Travelers representative who can walk you through the process.
Be confident in your insurance choices. Contact your agent or Travelers representative today. We'll work with you to develop an auto insurance policy that fits your needs and your budget.